None of us want to think about Dementia particularly but rather than fear it to know what it is can help to demystify it a bit. Here are some very quick facts that we all should be aware of.
- Dementia affects the brain by weakening Memory, your judgement plus the ability to think clearly and your speech.
- It is not just a condition that the elderly face. It can occur at an age.
- At present there is no cure but there are treatments and support that can help.
- People with the condition generally need Dementia live in care and other health networks.
- There are thought to be 46 million people living with the condition in the world today. It is also thought that this is going to become a much larger figure.
- Dementia has four types. The most common of these is Alzhemiers.
- The second is the Vascular type which is linked to the after effects of a stroke.
- The third is the Lewy bodies variety where rogue proteins settle into brain cells.
- The final type is the Frontal temporal where the brain shrinks causing damage.
- Dementia doesn’t care if you are rich or poor or whatever age you are.
Spread the love