Write an Article and Submit it to the Editor
I. Write your article
(Should say clearly and succinctly what the article is about. Maybe edited for length, format)
(Briefly summarize the content of your article.)
II. Choose a location and category for your article
III. Add an image to your article (optional)
Add Tags To Your Article. Separate with commas (Ex: Cars, driving, auto parts)
V. Video (optional)
You can add a YouTube video to your post by adding the embed code. Simply, go to a YouTube video you want to add to your article and click the embed. Then copy the code to paste.
The Trends Magazine Style Sheet
This will provide writers with useful information to improve one’s writing and enhance reader enjoyment. It also provides information regarding our policy on writing and the use of images.
- Headlines should consist of single sentences or clauses, descriptive of the content of the article, written in UL (upper and lower case) only. Do not use all caps. All words except prepositions, conjunctions, etc. should be capitalized.
- The headline may be cryptic, it may be punny, but it must give the reader a clue as to what is in the article.
- If the piece is an interview, the headline should begin with the word “Interview:” followed by a colon. If a review, “Review:”
- Try to kill the orphans. If the headline fills a line (about 38 characters) on the home-page display, with one word left over (that’s an orphan, to a printer), either shorten the head by one word or lengthen it to fill at least half of the second line. The display may vary in different browsers and on different monitors, so this is not critical.
Sub-heads – an Important Section of the Article
- The sub-head is the descriptor that will appear with the headline on the home page to draw people to the piece. Ideally, it should be two short sentences expanding on the headline. Or it could be an excerpt from the piece. As the headline should give the reader a good idea of what the piece is about, the sub-head should indicate the style of the writing.
- To maintain the formatting of the home page, the sub-head must not be extremely short or unduly long.
- Text must be in standard size and format, UL (upper and lower case), with only sparing and appropriate uses of bold, underlined, italicized or capitalized letters. Large sections of capitalized or otherwise emphasized text will not be accepted.
- As is the case with all caps, excessive capitalization must be avoided. Capitalizing the first letter of a word is not a proper way to emphasize the word. The titles of book, movies, publications, songs and the like should be italicized, not enclosed in quotations. On the other hand, the titles of articles within publications, or in a newspaper, should be enclosed in quotation marks but not italicized.
- Avoid blind quotes — that is, using quotation marks around a word to emphasize it or somehow alter its meaning, as in “Oh, yeah, he’s “cool.” The only proper use of quotation marks is to indicate that they are the exact words of a speaker, who must be identified.
- We use paragraph style, that is, the first lines of paragraphs are not indented and there is a line space between paragraphs.
- We do not accept the offensive material, which may include anything that is profane, vulgar, pornographic, abusive, harassing, discriminatory, defamatory or hateful.
- We do not accept personal attacks. We welcome investigative journalism, but any allegations or reporting of criminal or other transgressions by an individual or company must be well and verifiably sourced — that is, the article must attribute the allegations to a reputable or authoritative source, or reference documents substantiating the claim.
- We do not accept plagiarism or violations of the Fair Use standards of copyright law.
- We do not accept articles whose only purpose is to promote a product, service, or website.
- We welcome links whose purpose is to source or amplify the material in the article, not when their purpose is to promote another website. We prefer that you indicate the destination of the link, and highlight as few words as practicable when setting the link: as in, “according to the New York Times today….”
- This is the place to identify the owner of the copyright on the photograph or illustration used. It should be straightforward, as: “Photo by Sam Snead.”
- We do not accept an internet address or the name of a publication. We do not want the location of the illustration, we want the name of the person who created it and/or owns the copyright.
- If you took the picture or created the illustration, enter your full name, or if you prefer. your Trends Magazine username. Please, do not enter “me.” Nor is “anonymous” acceptable. This credit is a requirement of both copyright law and professional ethics and is not the place for humor.
- Understand that the license offered by such sites as Creative Commons, to use the photograph without fee, is nevertheless a license that requires that proper credit is given.
- The purpose of a picture caption is to identify the subject of the picture and relate it to your article. Usually, this will take two sentences.
- Sentence number one identifies, i.e. “A small village in Italy lies in ruins after a severe earthquake.” Note the use of the present tense.
- The second sentence relates some additional information related to the picture, or ties it to the article it is illustrating: “Scientists are getting better at predicting earthquakes in recent years.”
- Please do not use this space for a self-portrait. This is provided for on your profile page.
Guest Post | Write for Us; Guest Blogging Opportunities?
- Small Business
List of Search Queries to Find Guest Posting Sites
| “guest post” | “startup funding” | “write for us” | “guest article” | “this is a guest post by” | “contributing writer” | “want to write for” | “submit blog post” | “contribute to our site” | “guest column” | “submit content” | “submit your content” | “submit post” | “submit news” | “become a guest blogger” | “guest blogger” | “guest posts wanted” | “looking for guest posts” | “guest posts wanted” | “guest poster wanted” | “accepting guest posts” |
Technology Write for us
Mobile Technology + “Write for us”
Fashion Write for us
Health Write for us
Entertainment Write us
Business Write for us
News Write for us
Sports Write for us
Write for us Fashion
Mobile App Write for us
Niche + Write for us
Write for us + Technology
Fashion + write for us
Technology + Write for us
Write for us Technology
Technology + write for us + Guest Post
Write for us Fashion Blog
Write for us Men’s Fashion
Business “Write For Us”
Guest Post Technology
Technology Business “Write for us”
Blogging Write for us
Business Technology write for us
Fashion + “write for us”
Technology Business Write for us
Health + Write For Us + Guest Post
Technology “Write for us”
Fashion Blog write for us
Fashion + write for us + Guest Post
Guest Post Opportunities
Health write for us Guest Post
Technology + “Write for us” + Guest Post
Fashion Write for us Guest Post
Technology Business + write for us
Fashion Blogs +”Write for us”
Tech Blogs “Write for us”
Fashion Blog Contribute To
Information Technology Write for us
Health “Write for us”
Technology “Submit Guest Post”
Fashion Style Write for us
Mobile Apps “write for us”
Health + “Write for us”
Business “Write for us”
Fashion Blog + write for us
Mobile Technology Write for us
Fashion Blog “Write for us”
Technology “Accepting Guest Posts”
Guest Post write for us
Write for us Health
Write for us Fashion Trends
Technology + “Write for us”
Write for us Gaming
Fashion Beauty Write for us
“Technology Business” + Write for us
Health + Write for us