So you’re spending a weekend in Ashland, KY, but you don’t know what to do! Fear not – this blog article has got you covered. The town boasts so many things to do throughout the day and night that there’s likely something for everyone.
If you’re looking for things to do while in Ashland, KY, there are plenty of options available. From shopping at local boutiques and markets, to exploring the city’s historic landmarks, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Some of the most popular attractions in Ashland include the Ashland Historical Museum, which showcases local history; the impressive Frazier Museum of Art, which has a collection of paintings and sculptures from throughout history; and the beautiful Whitewater Falls. Whether you’re planning on spending a few hours or a day exploring these and other attractions in Ashland, be sure to check out our comprehensive blog section for all the latest tips and advice.
Where To Stay
If you’re looking for a place to stay while in Ashland, the options are plentiful and varied. From cozy bed-and-breakfast inns to luxurious resorts, there’s something sure to fit your needs. Whether you’re visiting for a day or a week, here are some of our favorite places to stay in Ashland.
The Inn at Ashland: This charming bed and breakfast is situated in the heart of downtown Ashland, only minutes from other attractions like the Cincinnati Museum Center and Union Terminal. The Inn offers spacious rooms with antique furnishings, as well as a lovely garden courtyard.
Spruce Creek Resort: A bit more remote than some of the other choices on this list, Spruce Creek Resort boasts beautiful surroundings and an intimate feel. Nestled amongst tall trees near the Kentucky River, it features comfortable rooms with fireplaces and whirlpool baths. The resort also offers many activities like hiking, cycling and fishing.
The Oliver Hotel: One of Ashland’s most popular hotels, The Oliver features well- appointed rooms with modern amenities like flat-screen TVs and air conditioning. It’s also centrally located in downtown Ashland, making it easy to explore all that the city has to offer. The hotel offers a complimentary hot breakfast, free parking and a large outdoor pool.
Hilton Garden Inn: This modern hotel features free Wi-Fi and ample room service along with an indoor pool, fitness center, shuttle service and spacious guest rooms with flat screen TVs and coffee makers. The Hilton also has on site business services like meeting rooms, coffee shop and gift shop.
What To Do
If you’re looking for a weekend getaway in Kentucky, look no further than Ashland. This small town has plenty to offer visitors, including galleries, museums, and festivals. Here are a few of the things to do in Ashland:
-Visit the Ashland Gallery of Art, which features a variety of paintings and sculpture.
-Take a walk through the historic district, where you’ll find many boutiques and restaurants.
-Visit the Kentucky Horse Park, home to some of the state’s best equestrian facilities.
-Check out the Ashland Farmers Market on Saturday mornings. This market has everything from produce to artisanal crafts.
Where To Eat
If you’re looking for a delicious meal, Ashland has plenty of places to choose from. From casual diners to trendy restaurants, there’s something for everyone. Here are some of our favorites.
1. The Red Truck Diner – This local diner is always busy thanks to their fantastic breakfast and lunch menus. Plus, the staff is friendly and welcoming.
2. The Coffee Mill – This cozy little spot is perfect for a quick morning coffee or lunchtime sandwich. They’ve got a wide variety of coffee drinks, too, so you can customize your experience.
3. Lola’s Cantina – If you’re in the mood for Mexican food, Lola’s is the place to go. They’ve got tons of different tacos and burritos to choose from, as well as a wide selection of margaritas and cocktails.
4. The Bake Shop – If you’re looking for something sweet, head to The Bake Shop. They’ve got a huge variety of baked goods, from cookies to cakes, and they always have something new on the menu.
5. Java Junction Coffeehouse – This local coffee shop has been around since 1978 and it’s still going strong! They have a huge variety of coffee drinks and baked goods, plus a variety of food options, too.
6. The Salt Pot – If you’re looking for somewhere to grab some oysters, this is the place for you. They’ve got a big selection of oysters from different places around the country, as well as other seafood items like calamari and shrimp.
7. Namu Gaji – This doughnut shop has been open since 1969 and it’s still going strong! Their doughnuts are delicious and they also have lots of different toppings available, so you can customize your doughnut to suit your specific taste buds.
Who’s Who In Ashland
Ashland is a beautiful small town located in the Appalachian Mountains. With strikingly candid scenery and an easygoing atmosphere, it’s a great place to visit for a weekend or longer. There are plenty of things to do in Ashland, from visiting local attractions like the Ashland Cave National Monument, to enjoying the natural beauty of the area by hiking or biking trails.
Some of the most popular places to eat and drink in Ashland include The Hideaway Bar and Grill, The Bluegrass Brewery, and The Depot Tavern. There are also a number of galleries and museums located in the town, including the Ashland Museum of Art and the Kentucky Heritage Center. If you’re looking for something more outdoorsy, there are plenty of hiking and biking trails available in the area.
If you’re looking for things to do in Ashland, KY, this is the article for you! In this post, we’ve outlined some of the main attractions that Ashland has to offer visitors and included a few tips on how best to enjoy your time here. So whether you’re planning a weekend getaway or just want to learn more about this charming town, read on!