Cars are an integral part of our everyday life that we don’t really think about them much, aside from our own vehicles that are. In terms of human history, the car is still a relatively recent invention and there are many fascinating facts about these automobiles that you might not know.
Here are some top car facts for you to wow your friends with:
- The very first speeding ticket ever to be issued was in 1902 when a driver was caught doing 45 mph.
- A quarter of all the cars on the road in the UK were manufactured in China. There are approximately 35 million cars in the UK, so you can do the maths!
- Worldwide, 60 million cars are manufactured every year which equates to 115 each minute of every day. Why not lease one of these new cars as a more economical option to buying? For Car Leasing Leicester, visit https://leasing.totalmotion.co.uk/
- Because Formula 1 vehicles reach three and a half g when they’re going around a corner, they actually have sufficient aerodynamic downforce to drive upside in a tunnel if they were travelling at 120 mph.
- Globally, there are around 7 people for every 1 car – which equates to about 1 billion vehicles!
- It might feel like you spend most of your life sat in traffic jams – well, to be precise it equates to 99 days of your life. The average British driver spends that long stuck in congestion during a lifetime.
- An average car contains more than 30,000 different and individual parts. When you think about that, a car is an incredible feat of engineering and it’s amazing that they work don’t break down more often.
- Did you know that the brand Volkswagen owns 12 other famous car brands from 7 different European nations: Volkswagen, Seat, Skoda, Audi, Bentley, Scania, Ducati, Porsche, Lamborghini, MAN, and Bugatti.
- Safety equipment in cars and for drivers began to appear from 1891 onwards in response to the first ever car accident.
- Cruise control was invented by a blind man. Ralph Teetor came up with the invention after experiencing some pretty terrible driving by his lawyer.
- The chances of dying in a plane crash are 1 in 11 million, however, the odds of meeting your maker in a car accident are 1 in 5,000. Drive safely folks and don’t fear flying anymore!
- The most mileage ever clocked by a single car is a staggering 2,850,000 million miles. That car had driven the equivalent of 100 trips around the Earth!
- The world’s fastest car is The Hennessey Venom GT and it has a top speed of an incredible 270 mph. It’s even faster than the Bugatti Veyron by about 0.8 of a second.