Hair loss is an age-old problem plaguing men and women from around the world without a definite cure. Hair loss is a condition in which a person exceeds the healthy routine hair fall and eventually on severe grounds cause balding – a hair loss that occurs from the middle of the head as the skin is majorly exposed with barely any hair cover.
Getting the best treatment to support hair regrowth is one very significant resolution many have made in 2019. Whether you are beginning the fight against hair loss or looking to improve on your previous victories over hair loss, the following treatments will prove to be of help.
If you are looking to go all out or break the bank to ensure you regrow your hair this year, then laser therapy is one good option to consider. This treatment uses low-level light emissions to stimulate and energize the cells within the hair follicle to stimulate hair growth.
This method of treating pattern hair loss can be applied to both male and female. This treatment for alopecia has been around for a long Endre Mester, a Hungarian physician published a research paper in 1966 where he stated that laser therapy accelerated hair growth in rats treated with laser therapy.
If you are concerned about the safety of this procedure, laser therapy was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2007 for the treatment of hereditary hair loss. Although this procedure has been around for over a long time, it was not until recently that the method began gaining acceptance.
There are currently low-level laser devices in the market that can be used to treat hair loss and thinning hair in men and women. These devices are pain-free, light and will stimulate hair follicles which will induce regrowth of thicker, fuller hair.
This is one of the new procedures that you can turn to if you want to regrow your hair quickly. This procedure involves the removal of small patches of skins on places where you still have hair (possibly the back or side of the scalp). These patches are then surgically implanted on the sections where the baldness or thinning have invaded.
One of the primary reasons why this treatment option is not very common among victims of hair loss is that surgical procedures to treat baldness are expensive. Hair transplantation surgery may be excruciating and can result in bleeding and scarring.
Hair Loss Medications and Supplements
If your budget cannot fund the above treatment, don’t worry, they are less expensive treatment options available that will leave you satisfied.
- Minoxidil (Rogaine): Minoxidil is the generic name of a hair loss pill so you would find it under various brand names. This drug aids hair regrowth by increasing the flow of blood in the scalp, causing them to grow in size, thicken, and as such, stimulate hair growth.
Approximately 6 out of every 10 men who take Rogaine re-grew their hair back within 6 months. No extra supplements, just applying Rogaine to their scalp daily.
- Finasteride: This is one of the only 2 drugs approved by the FDA for treating hair loss. Finasteride is a very popular name among men treating male pattern baldness.
- Hair Oils: There are currently mainly hair oils in the market to support your hair re-growth. Some common hair oils are; Rosemary oil, lavender oil, peppermint oil, and tea tree oil. These oils stimulate root hairs (not all) and increase blood circulation in the scalp.
- Supplements: hair loss supplements do not cause hair regrowth or stop thinning, but they can help make the hair you do have stronger and healthier.
Another major factor of hair fall is the ignorance on how to properly care for hair. Hair being very delicate needs all the attention it can get to prevent it from falling.
Extra Tips to Reduce Hair Loss
- If you have already begun experiencing hair loss, or haven’t, there are mild shampoos available for the prevention and effective control of spread. The primary ingredients for any shampoo that aims at hair loss control should have one or more of these ingredients – caffeine, saw palmetto, biotin, and ketoconazole if you are really aiming at control of hair loss.
- Washing – As tempting as washing your hair every morning in the shower it is not advisable as frequently washing the hair can strip it of its most essential nutrients and if not replaced may cause stunted growth of strands
- Drying – washing the hair at home is very common but drying it is a process that is also very important, after washing, picking up a towel and vigorously rubbing at your scalp to absorb moisture is not advised for proper hair health as it leads to pilling of strands from the head, natural drying is recommended with towels used for the tip of the hair to absorb extra moisture.
- Combing – It should be realized that brushing wet hairs most times leads to hair fall and as such, wide-toothed combs should be used after washing to free up tangles easily and soothe the scalp while combing out the tangles.
- Moisturizing -During the winter months, the colder months or in arid air conditions, the scalp becomes dry which leads to dry hair, then hair breakage and eventually hair fall. The hair and scalp have to be kept moist to stop it from drying out and breaking which will lead to dandruff and fall.
- Tugging and tight head gears – Some people have habits of tugging at their hairs as sometimes a stress relief mechanism. But tight head gears accidentally pull out strands when they’re coming off, and so they should be avoided all together especially for dry hair.
After the elimination of hair care from the long list of causes of hair loss, then other causes of hair loss should be analyzed to be able to find better treatment procedure that controls hair loss from the roots of the purpose.