Erb’s Palsy is a condition that impacts 1 out of ever 1,000 children at birth. When it develops, that child is likely to develop many issues that will affect their long-term development, causing many health concerns. In this way, it is important to reach out to an Erb’s Palsy lawyer who can help with this problem in a meaningful way. These professionals are trained to handle the unique difficulties caused by this condition and can provide a child and their parents with compensation for their suffering.
The Long-Term Impact of Erb’s Palsy
Erb’s Palsy almost always occurs when a doctor is not careful enough during delivery and ends up stretching nerves in a child’s shoulder and arm. When this happens, they’ll develop>
- Difficulty With Arm Control – Those children with Erb’s Palsy may end up developing troubles controlling their arms that may linger for much of their lives and cause many more issues as they age.
- Weaker Shoulder Strength – As Erb’s Palsy develops, a child may end up with a weaker shoulder that cannot hold as much weight as they may or need it throughout their life.
- Coordination Troubles – Coordination is so important to a child’s development, and Erb’s Palsy can rob them of much of their ability to handle basic coordinated tasks, like writing.
All of these struggles can linger with a child long after they mature and make their life as an adult difficult. However, this condition can be treated and its severity decreased if you work with a high-quality doctor and a lawyer who can get you compensation.
Ways a Lawyer May Help
A high-quality lawyer is essential for those struggling with Erb’s Palsy. These professionals can help to provide you with many benefits, each of which will ensure that you get the compensation that you need. Many professionals can provide this compensation early in a child’s life to ensure that they can get the treatment needed to live a happy life. Just a few ways they can help include:
- Improved Compensation Chances – A good lawyer will create a case that is hard to argue against and provide individuals like you with the chance to get high-quality compensation for injuries.
- Enhanced Treatment – When your child gets compensated for an injury caused by a doctor at birth, they can use this money to pay for treatments that can help decrease or eliminate their symptoms.
- Boosted Peace of Mind – As a parent, you deserve the peace of mind that you can get with a lawsuit, as these can make it easier for you to feel appreciated and get your child the help that they need.
A growing number of legal professionals are providing guidance for this health danger, as it rarely if ever occurs without a doctor contributing directly to its development. As a result, there is a good chance that you can get compensation for this injury if you pursue a lawsuit early enough. Usually, you need to go after these lawsuits before any statutes of limitations end.