The hoods in the kitchen are very useful. But they are also a focus of dirt, especially if they are not cleaned with a certain periodicity. And, when they are dirty, they do not work fine.
Its cleaning is usually very languid because you have to remove the accumulated fat. However, the process is not that difficult. It all depends on the type of bell you have and whether it is metallic. Here, we will tell you how to clean the hood filter easily and simply.
How to clean the hood filter?
The filters of the extractor hoods that are not aluminum are the easiest to clean. In fact, the process is only done in four simple steps:
- Check the Filters outside: The first of all is to remove the filters that are dirty from the hood.
- Remove grease: Once the filters have been removed, the next step that must be taken is to apply a product to remove the grease in the filter placement area and leave it on for a few minutes or for the time specified in the instructions of the grease remover that we apply.
- Rub gently: After the action time of the grease, remover has to remove it. The most common does not have to scratch because the product will have removed all the fat. If there is an area where there is greater accumulation, you still have to rub a little with the help of a scourer.
- Keep for Drying: Once everything is free of grease, all that remains is to rinse everything so that there is no remaining product and dry it well so that there is no water that can fall when we are cooking and an accident occurs.
The entire process is completed with the placement of the filters. As you can see, it is simple, but it is even more so if you do it periodically and do not let dirt accumulate. In these cases, it will be enough to remove the filters and wash the area with soap and water.
Clean the extractor hood filters in the dishwasher
The steps have to be taken to clean the filters of the extractor hoods, whether aluminum or not. They are similar to those explained in the previous case. However, with aluminum bells, there are some peculiarities because, in some products, grease removal cannot be used because the surface is damaged. However, it is also possible to find them specifically for these purposes in supermarkets.
The biggest problem with these bells may be in the grids that cover the filters, which is where the grease accumulates the most because, in many cases, these grilles are the filters themselves. What to do then? The easiest way is to use the dishwasher. You just have to put them to wash and dry them very well before proceeding to place them. Fast and effective!
Clean aluminum bell filters
If you don’t have a dishwasher, you can also choose to clean the aluminum hood filters manually. This option is also very useful if there is a large accumulation of fat, especially in the holes or holes. To do this, you just have to follow these steps:
- First, you will need a large pot in which the grids fit well and can be submerged.
- In it, it will be necessary to pour water and a little lemon. It is a mixture that has to be boiled.
- When it is already cooking, add half a cup of baking soda and cleaning soap and place the grids inside.
- Everything has to be allowed to continue boiling for about five minutes.
- After the time, the fire is extinguished and allowed to stand until the water is warm. That will be the time to remove the grid and finish cleaning it with the help of a brush and powder detergent.
- The process continues to boil water in the pot again. This time is mixed with a little vinegar and submerging the grids again.
- After about an hour, they are removed and rinsed well with warm water.
- Then you have to dry them well and then you just have to replace them.
Most homes have an extractor hood, which is very useful. This appliance is very necessary for the kitchen. However, dirt can greatly affect it.